Nobody under the age of 18 is allowed to play our games. If you are worried that under-18s may use your computer to play our games, try any of the following steps:
- Use child protection software, such as Cyberpatrol, Cybersitter and K9 Web Protection, to block gaming sites from under-18s
- Don't leave the computer unattended when you are logged in
- Don't share your credit card or bank account details with under-18s
- Do not use the 'Save Password' option on login screens
- Create separate profiles for everyone who uses your computer, so that nobody else can access your information
If you know someone under the age of 18 who is registered with us, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Most people play for their own entertainment. Gaming to a responsible extent and within one's own financial means is completely acceptable. However, for a small percentage of the population, games of chance are not a form of entertainment, but a problem which must be taken seriously.
What is Pathological gambling?
Pathological gambling is defined as behaviour which damages the existence, the work, the financial situation or the health of an individual or their family. This means that long-term gaming is not suitable for the individual's personal situation and could have negative consequences.
Pathological gambling has been listed as a recognised psychological disorder in the international classification systems DSM-IV and ICD-10 since 1980. It is defined as sustained, recurring and often increasing gaming behaviour despite negative personal and social consequences such as debt, breakdown of family relations and impairment of professional development.
Rules for responsible gaming entertainment
By observing the following rules, you will be able to enjoy your gaming without misgivings:
- Gaming is just for fun, not a way of earning money.
- Only play when you are relaxed and concentrated.
- Take regular breaks
- Decide your monthly gaming stake in advance. Only gamble what you can afford to lose.
- Independently of our standard deposit limits, you may set a lower amount as your own personal limit.
- Do not increase the maximum limit which you have decided for yourself later on.
- Before you start playing, decide the winning amount at which you will end the game.
- Decide beforehand how high your losses can be.
- Never play under the influence of alcohol or medication.
- Never play if you are feeling depressed.
Are you at risk?
We would like to stress that diagnoses relating to problematic gambling behaviour can only be made by trained specialists. This short self-test will allow you to assess and consider your own gaming behaviour.
Self Help Toolkit
Our cooperation and research partner, the Division on Addictions, has implemented its scientific findings from research into addictions into the Self Help Toolkit. The following link will take you to a website created by Harvard Medical School faculty, offering support to individuals who might have gambling-related problems, a detailed analysis of existing behavioural traits, and assistance with developing self-help strategies: "Your first step to change, a resource to help guide your journey to change" (Takes approx. 20 minutes).
Time-out and self-exclusion
If you think you need a break from gambling, you can use the self-exclusion tool. We offer time-outs for distinct periods of 1 day, 1 week, 1 month or any other period up to 6 weeks. After the timeout period has expired, your account will reopen automatically.
We also offer an indefinite self-exclusion, which will extend itself automatically until revoked by the customer. Revocation will not be possible prior to a minimum duration of 6 months.
During temporary time-out or indefinite self-exclusion, customers will not be allowed to play. Also they be exempt from targeted commercial communication.
If you have any complaints, claims or disputes with regard to any outcome regarding the services or any other activity, you must submit your complaint to us in writing as soon as it is reasonably practicable following the date of the original transaction to which the claim or dispute refers. You are required to provide a minimum of personal information permitting identification, together with a description of the facts and motivation for the complaint as well as the corresponding corroborating evidence.
Complaints may be submitted by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If all reasonable means to resolve the complaint with the licensee have been exhausted, you can request Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). To get in touch with an independent third party mediator, please contact eCOGRA.
Contact and Assistance
If you need help, you are not alone. There are institutions that offer professional assistance for players who encounter gambling-related problems.
Tel.: +44 (0) 845 6000 133
Please contact us directly if you have any questions relating to our responsible gaming activities. Our Responsible Gaming team is at your disposal at any time and can be contacted by e-mail: email@example.com.